My name is Truong Nguyen, and for over 7 years I have provided PC computer / Mac repair, and networking services for family, friends, and colleagues. With their blessings and encouragement, I am pleased to announce that I am now offering the same high-quality, on-site computer repair, networking, web site design and training services for both residential and business clients.
When you are in need of fast, reliable and professional computer services, contact me to schedule a convenient and personal consultation at your home or business.
I began repairing computers ten years ago. What started out as an occasional interest developed into a full-scale passion for technology and all that it encompasses. In these past ten years, I have had experience working on hundreds of computers from nearly every brand and model. That problem you’re having with your computer right now is one that I’ve most likely dealt with before – and even if I haven’t, I have the knowledge and skills necessary to diagnose and fix the problem.
So whether it’s a simple hard drive upgrade you need or the replacement of a cracked LCD display on your laptop, give me a call or send an email so that I can make the repair process quick and affordable.
If I can't fix it, there's no charge!
I strive to provide excellent customer service. In the news flash ticker right below, you’ll find the most recent testimonials of my happy customers from all over the Twin Cities metro area. If you would like to leave a feedback, please visit this post from my blog and write a comment. Likewise, you can write a review on The IT Sage - Mac Repair Expert listing in Google local business. Thank you!
Happy customers: Jim Baker in Eagan, Cory Carlson in Woodbury, Jessica Nouwen in St. Paul, Mary Erickson in Edina, Ward Tongen in Inver Grove Heights, Bob Donnelly in Mendota Heights, Jennifer Borowick in Blaine, Will in Minneapolis, Tim B. in New Brighton, Jim Prichard in Northfield, Amy Jeatran in Stillwater, Dan Richard in Roseville, D. Ellis in Woodbury, Abby Brown in Stillwater, Rev. Tomkin Coleman in St Paul, Nicole Koudelka in St Paul, Janet Hammer in Minneapolis, Angie Meierding in Burnsville,...
Besides providing quick and reliable On-site Diagnostics at no cost to my customers, my repair estimate will precisely list the parts and labor required to get the job done. On top of that, wouldn’t it be nice to know that you won’t have to pay for my time if I can’t fix your computer problem?
My areas of service cover the 50-mile radius surrounding the Twin Cities, Minnesota. A travel fee of $40 is charged per job. Unlike many of my competitors, I do not charge a premium for servicing Apple Mac computers. I treat every single one of my customers equally, yet personally to cater his or her unique needs. My flat labor rate is $40 an hour.
When you are in need of fast, reliable and professional computer services, contact me to schedule a convenient and personal consultation at your home or business.
Most of my customers prefer to have me come to their home or place of business. However, if you want to drop your computer off for service we can arrange that as well. Certain services such as data transfer or recovery, GPU rework or reflow, liquid damage repair require drop-off.
I am conveniently located east of I-494 and MN-52 in South St Paul. Exit #65 to 7th Ave S, turn right and my location is on the right 4 blocks from the turn. Please call ahead to confirm an appointment time.
East Metro: St Paul, Roseville, Little Canada, New Brighton, Shoreview, North Oaks, Circle Pines, Lino Lakes, Hugo, White Bear Lake, Grant, Mahtomedi, Vadnais Heights, North St Paul, Lake Elmo, Stillwater, Oak Park Heights, Hudson, Oakdale, Maplewood, Woodbury
South Metro: West St Paul, South St Paul, Inver Grove Heights, St Paul Park, Cottage Grove, Hasting, Rosemount, Farmington, Northfield, Lakeville, Rosemount, Eagan, Apple Valley, Burnsville
West Metro: Minneapolis, Crystal, Savage, Prior Lake, Shakopee, Chaska, Chanhassen, Excelsior, Minnetonka, Eden Prairie, Bloomington, Richfield, Edina, Mendota Heights, St Louis Park, Wayzata
North Metro: Hopkins, Plymouth, Golden Valley, New Hope, Brooklyn Center, Maple Grove, Brooklyn Park, Coon Rapids, Fridley, Mounds View, Blaine, Anoka
- Being new to the area I wasn't sure where to look for computer support. My refurbished MacBook had been acting up on me so after a Google search and reading a few Yelp reviews I knew Truong was the way to go! He was very prompt and courteous in his emails and was very easy to work with when establishing pick up and drop off times. Truong fixed my issue and went above and beyond - cleaning my keyboard and monitor for me! He maintained email communicati
- My salad exploded in my bag and the dressing leaked into the corners of my macbook (the side where the logic board is). It worked fine after I cleaned it up but then I proceeded to plug in the charger for the night and the next morning it stopped working. I took it to the Apple services (genius bar) and they told me that there was no evidence of spillage but that I can only get it fixed if I send it to the apple repair center to replace everything inside m
- Best service, super knowledgeable, EXTREMELY fast, and VERY reasonable prices! Brought my Macbook pro in for a new battery, track pad, and to have him place in a SSD and some new memory. Told me it would be a day, maybe 2 at most, depending on the condition of my laptop when he opened it up (it had some liquid damage). He got everything cleaned up, repaired, and installed, even fixed a few other things free of charge. Messaged me 5 hours after I dropped it
- My primary work Mac went down leaving me in a dire situation, as being unavailable for my clients for even one day is a really big deal. After a day of exploring my options, I was looking at some major fallout, which really didn't concern anyone who I presented with my situation. Through a referral I found Truong, who was able to address my problems that same day, discuss the possible scenarios involved, and give me peace of mind that there was someone wil
- Honest, trustworthy and extremely knowledgeable... I use my macbook pro for work and I can not afford to be without it for a week or however long it would have taken Apple to look at it. So I tried Truong the IT Sage, and I was SO glad I did! It was a small-ish job so he was even able to get it done same day. He can help you with both hardware and software issues. I had an issue on my mac related to the speed, which he solved for me plus he did extra litt
- Black screen. You know the feeling! Who can you trust when your computer is laden with confidential information? An expert: Truong Nguyen. Despite our backups, he assisted us to recover 2 files and gave us sound advice that the computer was past repair (desktop HP just over the 3 year ext warranty).Since our first repair transaction in the summer of 2014, he has aided us with our business computers as well. He's affordable, honest, and trustworthy
- I hired Truong to transfer two operating systems -- Mac OS and Windows 7 -- from one MacBook Air to another. Windows 7 was on a Bootcamp partition, and I wasn't confident that I'd be able to safely migrate the two OS's and various programs and applications associated with each to the new computer. Truong came to my home and accomplished the task within a few hours. He was thoroughly professional and highly competent, and his rates were quite reasonable. I'
- First off Truong is a great guy. Someone you can trust with your valuable devices. He's done work on several of our MAC products. He even was able to replace a screen glass on our mac air. Apple doesn't recommend it because of the extreme difficulty. This saved a lot of money versus replacing the screen and glass. His rates are very fair. I strongly recommend his services!
- Best customer service experience ever! I have an older Imac (2006) and within the last year it has completely died. Truong was able to identify the issue within a few hours of us dropping it off. After replacing the video card he monitored it and started to notice that there was more of a problem. He called to explain everything to me and we agreed it was time to lay the poor Imac to rest. This was by far the best experience I have ever had with fixing com
- I came across a major issue, when I was replacing my hard drive on my iMac, in the process I messed up a component on my logic board which makes the display work. Apple and other people were going to charge $600+ to replace and fix it. I did some of my own research in trying to find people to fix it and how to repair the problem for cheaper instead of replacing. I finally found a solution which required some micro soldering. But I did not want to at
- Truong is a diamond in the rough, as we used to say. A pro at his work who comes to you and also enjoys the extra time taken to explain problems & solutions. For someone who doesn't seem to be in a hurry and has time to swap a story or two, he is also very fast once the problem is known. The diagnosis for both our MacBook Pros was hard drive and disc-drive upgrades, accomplished basically overnight at his place except for one disc-drive that was replaced o
- I recently spilled coffee on my Macbook Pro and then did everything wrong (turned it on again, tipped it over, blew a fan in it, etc.) The Apple store geniuses (sic) told me it would be at least a $750 repair if it could be repaired. They pressured me to buy a new one. I looked online and found the ITSage and brought it out to him. He was honest about the chances of success (50%) but he worked his magic and now I have a totally clean and well-working la
- My system suffered an external hard drive "incident" but not a crash. I did an online search for computer repair businesses in my area and discovered ITSage. reviews were wonderful so I asked a question of Truong on-line and had an immediate response. Within four hours he had diagnosed the problem and began a recovery scan. When he determined his software was not capable of performing the "deep scan" necessary to recover valuable data, he referred me to a
- Truong went above and beyond to make sure my old MacBook was fixed properly! After a coworker recommended him to me I asked if he could fix my very broken screen. He was able to travel to me to pick up the laptop and made sure my screen looked as good as new! I was amazed that he could fix such an old (but beloved) laptop and make it look brand new for way less money or hassle than going to the apple store. He is so friendly and professional--I've been rav
- Truong is great! My macbook pro has been broken for months and I brought it to Truong yesterday and today I am writing this review from my newly fixed laptop! He is prompt and professional and the service is extremely reasonably priced. For any further tech work I need done, I will go to Truong first! I highly recommend him!
- Truong was absolutely amazing at helping me even though my computer ended up being unfixable. I spilled water on it and then turned it on too soon, so it was fried. But he looked at it and gave me options and advice on what to do (aka not pay for the Apple store to refurbish it for more than the cost of another used computer.) He even transferred my hard drive for no cost and cleaned my new/used laptop inside and out and bought my broken laptop off of me f
- Truong came to my home to fix a long list of glitches, email failures, calendar problems, plug-in problems, and network problems. I've tried to fix these myself with online help, but never made progress. I'm really glad someone could come out to see exactly what my setup was so a problem could be identified and fixed. He worked fast but took time to explain what he was doing and to answer all my questions in clear, understandable language. Now my home comp
- I spilled some liquid on my 13 inch Macbook Pro and my beloved computer transformed from my prized possession to a $1200 paper weight in seconds. I went to the Apple Store and they gave me a repair quote of almost $800. I was shocked and quickly started exploring the internet for alternatives. Other places promised a repair for around $400, and I thought that was the best deal that would be available. However I was wary of shipping my computer across the
- My Mac Book Pro's screen would not work, I brought it in for diagnostic and after Truong installed a new display it was determined it was a bad board that was not worth replacing. I was not sure what I would be charged and when I picked it up he wanted no payment for his effort. I was extremely impressed with his integrity. I would not hesitate to use him.
- I highly recommend Troung's service, The IT Sage. Aside from being a Mac expert, he is also thoughtful and patient. He worked on my Mac Book Pro and added a solid-state hard drive and extra ram. It has sped up the processes and runs much more stable. He also worked on my Wife's Mac Book Pro. He set up her software files in a different order that makes her work much more efficient. He knows so many shortcuts and can show you how to get the most out of your
- Couple of months ago my MacBook Pro keyboard got damaged from a coffee spill and the power button was not working. After consulting with the apple people, I was told to pay $750 ++ to fix my keyboard and was not ready to shell out that kind of money when my current Mac was still functioning. Hence, I started looking for a second opinion and found Troung (IT Sage) on the web. It was one of the best things that could happen to my Mac. He was able to give me
- I used Truong The IT Sage for a project recently and he met 100% of my expectations. He was prompt, professional and articulate. Can't say enough good things about him. Do not hesitate to call him for help with your needs.
- My mother was having issues with accessing emails on her computer. Truong came out to her house and was quickly able to fix the problem. My mom has limited knowledge about computers and Truong was very patient and took a lot of time to work with my mom and explain the problem and how to prevent it from happening in the future. Also, my mom has severe arthritis in her hands and has difficulty controlling the mouse. Truong recommended a different kind of mou
- For any computer problems, Truong is awesome! I live in St. Paul, MN, and have used him through his website as the IT Sage (that's how I met him) six times over the last few years. Both my wife and I have Macintosh computers and we work for ourselves at home, and when problems come up, especially for configuration (which has to be done physically here, where we are, with all out equipment here), Truong will literally come to our home and fix up the proble
- Our home network, which is quite complex, needed some connectivity work that was over my head. Truong, the IT Sage, arrived on time dressed neatly and was very courteous. Hi sEnglish is splendid and his demeanor is wonderful. He is a great guy. However, I hired him to work my network over and boy did he. His understanding of the complexities of an advanced wireless network with many devices competing for airspace is thorough. He is very reasonably priced a
- The hard drive in my MacBook Pro crashed for the second time in a year. The first time this happened, I went to two Apple stores (Rosedale AND MOA) and they basically told me that since I purchased my computer through MacMall, there was nothing they could do for me....even though my computer was still covered by Apple care. So I bought a hard drive on http://newegg.com and had it put in and spent too much time and money on the process. Come 10 months la
- It's Thanksgiving and I have one more thing to be thankful for—a working (2006) Macbook Pro and discovery of a Mac technician who knows these machines at the level of the molecule. I had taken it to the Apple Store and a couple of other shops and had quotes of $60 to $99 just to look at it—and up to $189 plus any parts if they could repair it (most didn't think it would be repairable). Thang got right to work on it and would not have charged me at all
- I spilled a glass of water on my Macbook Pro. The Apple Genius bar said the logic board was ruined and that it would cost over $900 to replace it. They encouraged me to buy a new laptop instead. I brought it to Truong who carefully cleaned the logic board. He brought my computer back from the dead and for a fraction of the price. Thank you so much.
- Trustworthy, and knowledgeable at a fair price... I don't have much to say, except that I'm another happy customer! I was most impressed by Truong's accessibility. I work a couple part time jobs and go to school, so its difficult for me to fit everyone else's 9 to 5 schedule into mine. Being able to call in the late evening put my anxious mind at ease. I just dropped my computer off with him. Truong was great at keeping me up to date, via the phone, each s
- I want to take this opportunity to say what a great experience we had with Truong. A friend was visiting from another country, and his Mac didn't start up -- just a black screen. I called a couple big shops in Mpls., and they charged a (big) flat fee before even determining the cause, then would charge a flat fee no matter what the fix (they wouldn't quote me an hourly rate). This was a Sunday, and they couldn't even look at the Mac until Wed., soon before
- Truong fixed up my iMac with a new hard drive and a new Mac OS X. Then he delivered. Wonderful service. I will use him again. Highly recommended!
- Truong was prompt, effective, polite and affordable. I will certainly use his services again and believe I am in good hands.
- I was having trouble with my iMac, called Truong, delivered my computer to him. Had it back the next morning. The best service I've ever had.
- My mac had been beat up pretty badly. After going to Apple and being quoted over $500 I wasn't sure if I could afford to repair it. After searching the internet I found Truong, who not only helped me find the same replacement parts at a much lower cost, but also worked with me around my busy schedule. He made the repairs (new keyboard, optical drive and other updates) in less than 3 hours, and for less than half the cost of what apple quoted me. All i
- Three words – Truong is amazing. He is the exact opposite of this day and age’s “Overpriced and Poor Service” mentality. My 5 year old MacBook Pro was on it’s way out due to a failing hard drive and I wanted it replaced and formatted as it was since I didn’t want to start from scratch by having to reinstall everything – or worse yet purchase a new computer. Finding someone that will even touch a Macintosh outside of an Apple Store is close to
- Truong is the best! I have a Dell laptop that got dropped and wouldn't work properly. I took it to Truong who took the time to sit down with me and do a thorough diagnosis and lay out my options. I needed a new hard drive which Truong picked up and installed and transferred all my old files into in less than 24 hours!!! Truong is super knowledgeable and friendly. He was able to explain all the technical info to me in language I could understand. I'm thorou
- Truong was great with being flexible with my college-schedule and was very fast and efficient when I needed it. Very great service and friendly! He also helped explain to me the problem in ways I could understand them!
- If you are in need of a terrific computer repair guy you have found him!My computer was completely disabled by a virus when I found The IT Sage on the internet. I decided to call Truong and he calmly explained that he was sure he could fix my problem and backup all my files. A day after giving my computer to Truong, I got back a faster computer with all my files backed up, viruses eliminated and a brand new CD ROM all for a fraction of what I was quoted
- Had a very good experience working with Truong. He is friendly, very patient, and willing to explain everything he is doing. My PC was locking up due to insufficient memory. Truong disabled the programs/files I have no use for, and added more memory for a very reasonable price. I strongly recommend Truong The IT Sage for your computer problems.
- Truong arrived on time, was very professional and knowledgeable about diagnosing and fixing our Dell computer. He offered several cost saving options to fix it. I would definitely recommend him to family and friends. Great job!
- I had problems following a self-inflicted Windows reinstallation. Truong provided efficient, knowledgeable and accurate service at a very reasonable rate. Plus he's friendly and goes the extra mile!
- Truong definitely saved the day for me and my MAC! I was so impressed with his quick response and ability to make a "house call" and ready diagnosis. Within days, he replaced my hard drive and then my CD drive. He also shared good advise for moving forward. He was professional, prompt and efficient. We are keeping his name/number on file!
- My Dell was destroyed by viruses, worms, trojans, and who KNOWS what else!! In 3 hours Truong had everything saved onto an external HD, and restored EVERYTHING to as good as new!! He pretty much gave me a brand new computer for $90. AMAZING!!
- I have a Gateway laptop less than 2 years old that wouldn't boot up. I brought it to Truong and he had the hard drive backed up and my computer running again in a little less than two hours at a cost well below what it would have cost for the Geek Squad. I'm very happy with the service provided. Truong is very knowledgeable and explained thoroughly what he fixed.If you want quality affordable pc repair, The IT Sage is it. I've been recommending him to ev
- 5 STARS! Truong deserves serious consideration for any work needed on computers that still have a 'life.' After being told I should junk our family ibook by another computer guy, I persevered in searching for reasonable repair/replacement of the hard drive.The Guy was IT! I write this recommendation on our i-book as it sits on my lap and am grateful for the honest and professional service Truong provided. He saved us $ and allowed the 3R's--this compute
- I had trouble with my computer this winter, in that my CD drive stopped working when I fell off my bicycle last summer and landed on my laptop (!) Truong Nguyen, aka The IT Sage, helped me out in a wonderfully personal way. He actually drove through the cold, snowy weather and came to my home and to replace my CD drive, all for a fraction of the Mac store in Roseville quoted. Truong was very professional, knowledgeable, friendly, and incredibly easy to wo
- Truong got me up and running with a new hard drive in my G5 in just a couple days! I was really impressed with his knowledge. He took care of getting the hard drive, installing it and also getting OS X software reinstalled so that I was all up and running when I got my computer back. I would definitely recommend him to anybody with computer problems. Well worth it!!
- I had almost given up trying to fix my Dell computer. The wireless system just didn’t work, no matter what adapter I used. Truong is the only of three computer guys that took the time to determine the original wireless adapter worked fine; it was the computer’s software that had a problem. He did a complete system restore and updated the necessary drivers, and all is well! If you’re looking for a professional, straightforward, extremely knowledgeab
- I was feeling really frustrated because my Apple iMac crashed and it’s not even 3 years old. The Apple dealer told me it would be $200 + $85 labor to install a new hard drive and, if I was interested in trying to recover the data, I’d have to take the computer to Eden Prairie (data recovery company) first before they’d be able to swap out the hard drive. I found Truong using Google and he was AMAZING! He’s so nice & polite and really explains thi
- My Gateway PC was in a horrible condition before I decided to give Truong The IT Sage a chance. I had spoken with several other computer repair businesses, and their estimate fee alone to diagnose the problem was outrageous. So I was pleasantly surprised by The IT Sage’s guarantee that if he couldn’t fix it, I wouldn’t have to pay. Luckily, he did fix it though – and at a fraction of the cost.My computer was running Windows and had been infected
- Just a note to thank you for responding so quickly and resolving my computer issues. I was receiving thousands of emails on some type of “loop” that Comcast IT could not resolve. Comcast finally said it must be the router and to purchase a new one. Thanks to you – the router never left the box. What Comcast could not identify in 7 hours you corrected in 1 hour. I am recommending you to all my family and friends. Thanks for your good work.
- Computer problems and the time and expense of resolving them is something I have a very low tolerance for. Truong, your ability to quickly analyze and inexpensively repair our computers is greatly appreciated. Your recent repair of my laptop that I plugged into a 240 volt outlet on our overseas trip is a case in point. The geek squad’s analysis fee was $75 and their repair estimate was $150 to $350. In one trip to our home you repaired the laptop for muc